3D Mammography Now Available in St. Johns, Flagler and Volusia counties
3D mammography is now being offered at our imaging centers listed below in St. Johns, Flagler and Volusia counties:
- St. Augustine Imaging
- Town Center Imaging, Palm Coast
- Twin Lakes Imaging, Daytona Beach
- Port Orange Imaging
Area women are now provided with this new, state-of-the-art tool for monitoring breast health. Its benefits include the following:
- A 3D view provides a clearer look at breast tissue that is computer generated from 24 layered images of breast tissue at different depths.
- Enhanced ability to find small, early-stage breast cancers when they are much easier to successfully treat.
- Fewer false positives, fewer callbacks for additional imaging, and fewer unnecessary biopsies.
- Especially beneficial to women with dense breast tissue, which makes cancer more difficult to detect in 2D mammograms.
3D mammograms are fully covered for Medicare patients. Coverage by other insurers may vary. For patients whose insurance reimburses only for the cost of a 2D mammogram, a nominal copay is charged.
The advanced early detection provided by a 3D mammogram could make a lifesaving difference by finding breast cancer earlier. If it’s time for your annual mammogram, please call (386) 274-6000 to schedule an appointment.
To learn more about our revolutionary new Genius™ 3D MAMMOGRAPHY™ exam, please visit myGenius3D.com